The Hawaiian Humane Society PetWalk 2014 is coming and this year will be bigger than ever. The annual event raises money to help animals and is always a huge deal for those who love animals and have spent countless hours fundraising for the event every year. There is all types of events, games and activities to be a part of, both leading up to the event and the day of the event.
As usual, donations are a huge part of the event, and those who donate and give their time are very much appreciated. If you are interested in donating or collecting donations from friends and family you can go here. Conversely, you can click here to download a paper registration and donation form. All those early bird fundraisers who have created an online giving page by August 5 will be invited to an exclusive VIP party in their neighborhood with the Humane Society! If it is past this date go ahead and give them a call, they will get you into the VIP party.
Hotel Renew by Aston Hotel offers a special 20% discount and waiving pet fees for kamaaina all of October. Book A Room at this boutique Waikiki hotel for as low as $150 per night for PetWalk weekend today! Below you will find the rest of the information about PetWalk 2014, as well as some other helpful info. Come on out and be a part of this amazing event that benefits Hawaii’s animals.
Hawaii Humane Society Fundraisers
- Ongoing – Hawaiian Humane Society license plate holders , mason jar mugs and bracelets.
- August – The Grove in Kailua
- August 16 – The Manifest bar downtown
- August 20 – California Pizza Kitchen Kahala
- August 23 – Macy’s Shop for a Cause
- August 23 – Paint with Pups, Dog Wash and Bake Sale
Team Captain Prizes and Perks
If you rally a team of 5 friends who each have an online giving page, you’re a Team Captain who will be entered to win a trip to Vegas for two or two-night vacation at Hotel Renew by Aston Hotel. The top 5 teams that collect the most donations will win a private party at the Humane Society Dog Park. Here’s a link to the Team Captain Kit and custom T-shirt order form exclusively for teams of 10 walkers or more.
PetWalk 2014 Schedule of Events
All attendees must drop off their cash donations collected or present their firstgiving web page at the registration booth to receive their purple pin to walk. This is the first thing to do when arriving.
- 7:00 am – REGISTRATION BEGINS
- 7:45 am – Opening Program
- 8:00 am – WALK BEGINS – Long & Short Course
- 8:10 am – Live Entertainment
- 9:15 am – Humane Society Adoptee Alumni Photo at Starting Line
- 9:30 am – Cheer for the Animals
- 9:45 am – Pet Float Contest & Parade
- 10:00 am – Costume Contest
There will also be a PetWalk pet costume contest that people and their pets can enter and have a chance at some great prizes. Finally, there will be a PetWalk pet float contest. Create a pet float and walk with us at PetWalk. Later in the morning, floats will be featured in a mini-parade and entered to win fabulous prizes. We’re looking for pimped out pet strollers, wagons, and any other mini-vehicles to celebrate this annual fundraising event.
Important PetWalk Day Reminders
- Bring your sunscreen, hat and beach/lawn chair
- All pets must be leashed
- No beach access for animals
- Bring cash for ono food
- Invite your friends on Facebook to join you at PetWalk
- Set up a rendezvous location for your team members
- Decide if you’ll be taking the short or long course